Faith Lutheran Church and Preschool is located at 602 South 14th Street in Adel, Iowa and has a long history serving Dallas County Iowa. We have been serving Adel since October of 1967.
What We Believe…
With the universal Christian Church, Faith Lutheran Church and Preschool teaches and responds to the love of the Triune God: the Father, creator of all that exists; Jesus Christ, the Son, who became human to suffer and die for the sins of all human beings and to rise to life again in the ultimate victory over death and Satan; and the Holy Spirit, who creates faith through God’s Word and Sacraments. The three persons of the Trinity are coequal and coeternal, one God. Faith Lutheran Church and Preschool is a member of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod.
Our congregation accepts and practices the Bible-based teachings of Martin Luther, who inspired the reformation of the Christian Church in the 16th century. The teaching of Luther and the reformers can be summarized in three short phrases: Grace Alone, Faith Alone, Scripture Alone.
We exist as a church to help people:
- The Bible as the Word of God in its entirety, the only true and reliable foundation for daily life and hope for eternal life.
- Public worship that clearly and faithfully communicates God’s Word to us and provides opportunity for our response of prayer, praise and thanks.
- The Eternal salvation of all people, received only through faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior from sin.
- Each individual, as one for whom Jesus Christ died and through whom He desires to work.
- The Grace or undeserved love of God which we have all received and which we strive to reflect to all people.
- Joy in our ministry as a result of the unfailing grace of God.
- Service to God and others as we live our faith in our daily lives.
- Life-long growth in the faith and lives of all believers, from regular use of God’s means of grace – God’s Word, Holy Baptism and Holy Communion.